My general modelling ramblings and some photos of aeroplanes and mates...

Monday 19 October 2009

The Mynd - final BMFA round...

Oh well we were let down by the weather yet again. Mike Evans did his best to get the comp running but alas the conditions were drifting in and out of legal throughout the first round, started at 1330. Still, a good day all in all - I was pretty pleased that I finally managed to do a "proper" cut recovery by pushing some down in when I missed Base A rather than my usual massive series of S banks to make the base. Was pretty happy with the Skorpion on the course, but mostly pretty chuffed that the settings that I had working in big air on the Icecream slope seemed to feel quite nice in very marginal conditions on the Mynd too.

Other notable achievements for the day:

John Sage completed a WHOLE round without cutting - well done John!
Simon Thornton shattered that minute barrier than has eluded him for his entire F3F career, with a 70.
I fell down two rabbit holes, having never done that before.
I couldn't make the range finder for setting up the course work, as I was holding it up the wrong way round to my eye. Funnily enough, it kept coming back reading 25cm.
The Dynamic 40" stayed up - again!
Katherine managed to film Joel thermalling for some time. Now that's dedication!

I'll post some pictures later on in the week. But there's not a lot of point, as there's not many flying shots and we're not a particularly good looking bunch.

Roll on the winter leagues!

Zim

No comments:

Post a Comment