My general modelling ramblings and some photos of aeroplanes and mates...

Wednesday 16 September 2009

The Wrecker in glorious but not very windy sunshine 09/09/09

Chris Van Schoor aka "Woodstock" was over from Ireland to spend a few days flying with us, and as usual when Chris comes to fly, most of the wind disappeared!

I managed to re-maiden my JR Models Madslide before Chris arrived - it had been on the bench for a tidy up as well as getting some decent servos in there. Flew great - was lots of fun, but doesn't fly "big" enough to really enjoy the Wrecker. So I'm going to try her on a smaller slope - I think that will be a better fit for the model. Here's Tom Satinet giving her the heave-ho...



Will Deighton was also there with his Acacia 3 - a maiden for him and his first 3m model. Flew it really well with loads of confidence despite the intermittent lift - top job there - I'm sure we'll see him on the F3F circuit soon enough!





Mike Evans was flying his RCRCM Sigma F3B which continues to impress him. Looks to have good potential for F3F...



Then Mike started to play about a bit so that we could get some interesting shots of the model closer in to the edge. I guess Mike felt pretty comfortable with the Sigma as I didn't even need a zoom for most of the shots along the edge! Fun!






I flew my Skorpion F3B again, and again in really light conditions. Got a little worried at one point about 5 minutes into the first flight when I found myself half way down the Wrecker with not a lot of lift under the wings, but thanks to a couple of pointers from the lads, I soon found a spot and was enjoying a bit of thermalling over the valley. The next flight I decided to push it a bit and put 3 slugs in - the conditions weren't that different but the Skorp showed again that it's a really versatile machine and I flew it in the light conditions without any cause for concern, except this time it was a little more fun when diving in with a little ballast onboard. Really enjoying this model - hopefully I'll enjoy racing it as much as I have enjoyed flying it so far!

For some entirely bizarre reason, I actually failed to get ANY pics of Chris or any of his models! No idea what I was thinking there, so apologies Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment