My general modelling ramblings and some photos of aeroplanes and mates...

Monday 21 September 2009

Welsh Open - didn't come last!

What a fantastic weekend. It all started rather hilariously for me as I was drawn as first in the flying order - no pressure then! In retrospect I think I probably had my best air in round 1, but didn't fly it aggressively enough - I should have probably taken 5 seconds off it. However, I was pretty happy all in all to place 38th out of 50 pilots. Whilst we have a large number of fantastic F3F pilots here in the UK, it was really interesting to see how some of the Euro guys go about the course.

Also got to see all of the new hot kit coming onto the scene - the Martinet was there in both long and short flavours, as was the stunning new Aeromod Alliaj HM - I've got a bit of glider horn over this one. Freestylers were ten a penny, and there was even a lone Radical. Skorpions were very much still in evidence, and were smattered all over the placings from 1st down to 47th - still a seriously competent model in the right hands. The Ceres has become a very popular model, although the new Extreme is starting to become more visible too. There seem to be more and more RaceMx's at competitions, and several other competitors now have theirs on order as well. And of course Espen Torpe was there with the yet to be renamed "Cyril". Although it looks rather like a Ceres, it has a new tail, fuse, wing and section. Pretty much a new model then!

Anyway, pictures will be up later once I've gone through them all and come up with a few good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment