My general modelling ramblings and some photos of aeroplanes and mates...

Wednesday 23 December 2009

Skorpion on Rushup Edge...


Flying buddy Will Deighton and I braved -4C today to try to get some light DS in at Rushup... The snow scenery was spectacular! Trudging up the path to the top was fun, with the snow anything from knee deep to nearly up to your hips in the big drifts...

Sadly the wind was waaaay to far off - maybe 45-50 degrees off slope to the West, and too weak. But I sent the Skorpion up anyway, and tried to get her going, but alas, I had to land on my first DS circuit as I just hadn't managed to gain enough height for the decent dive in. Still, she went up again and I enjoyed 45 minutes of gentle thermal flying over the magnificently white blanketed hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment